• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

I'm Ready for Spring!

 

I tell you what...If it isn't going to snow here (which it isn't)... I am ready for Spring. Now, I say that with great thankfulness that getting snow didn't mean anything like what Texas got. I love snow. Like love love it. But, I am not about that kind of snow. Well, actually I am. But if I was, I would live somewhere that our houses and infrastructure could sustain it. I promise you, that isn't Georgia!! Which means I am ready for Spring!! I am ready for longer and warmer days. Mostly I am ready to be outside. I love being outside. I cannot help but worship God when I am out there. I know this sounds cliché, but being outside is like medicine to me. I am sure my physicals health is always better. Any time I get my fat hiney outside and move, has to improve my health. But man-oh-man it helps my mental health by leaps and bounds. 

This feeling set in after scrapping the layouts this week. I noticed a theme...

OUTSIDE!! And as promised yesterday (yay! I'm back!), I am here to showcase some of my latest digital scrapbooking layouts from this week, using SweetShoppe Designs. Up first is some beautiful sunsets. We get stunning sunsets here throughout the year. I think of my MeeMaw G every single time. Which is a double-blessing. She taught me, "Red in the morning, sailor take warning. Red at night, sailor delight." She said she could remember her mother standing on the edge of the porch in her cotton dress saying the same thing. I love thinking of her, thinking of her Mom when I see the red in the sunset. Probably why I take a lot of photos of them.

(As usual, photos of the digital scrapbooking products are linked to the store. And I did receive these products for free in return for my layouts to advertise with. My opinions are mine! I don't show you guys things, if I don't like them.)

Although, I am not going to lie. I think one of these might be a sunrise. The one with the kiddo's clubhouse in front of the tree. But, still lovely. For this layout I used Sunrise & Sunset kit Bundle by WendyP Designs. 

I am working on a layout using sunrise kit currently. I will try and come back and show you that layout as well. This beautiful Sunrise & Sunset collection is a "digital scrapbooking collection by WendyP Designs, Sunset, is inspired by the warm embracing colors that end the day. Let your light shine and document all of your colorful memories with this gorgeous collection of breathtaking papers and elements that will make you smile. You will find countless ways to use this to create dreamy layouts of evenings, horizons, summer, beaches, campfires, lightning bugs, and much more!"

The next layout is a fun one!! This captures my kiddo perfectly. He is so silly, and just like his Dad, is always looking for a moment to make someone laugh. According to him, he needed the sweatbands because he was so young and would run faster than us. haha. I love these photos so much! 

Like I said in yesterday's post. I love scrapping with bright colors. If I can slap them on a darker background, even the better! For this layout, I used Fun Run Collection Bundle by Meagan's Creations. "Let the kids get in on the fun of walking/running! Perfect for kids' 5k or 1 mile walk/runs, Fun Run is a super bright, playful and fun collection for your photos of getting active! Kit includes sixteen patterned 12x12 papers, twelve grungy solid papers, two alphas: one purple acrylic alpha, and one button alpha.  One hundred twelve embellishments."

And I haven't scrapped with this kit yet, but it is next on my list. I am thinking of scrapping either my sister and me or my little niece. I have to find the perfect photo. I am talking about Hey Girl Hey by Amanda Yi and Laura Wilkerson. 


That is all I have today. Can you believe it though? Two blog posts in one week. I am kind of excited. I even gave my blog a new makeover. I hope you like it. I have plans on being back very soon with more fun blog posts. Have a good weekend! 


 

La'Shawn is a 37 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 12 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more HERE!