• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

New Year | New DigiScrap Layouts


Happy 2020 everyone!! I am sorry I just dropped off the face of the blogging world. Like most of us, December & the start of January was really busy for me. From the holidays, to the kiddo's 12th birthday, to getting promoted at work and all that went with that. Yay! I am back to the blogging side of life though. I thought I would start 2020 off with a look at what the new year is for me, and end it on a digital scrapbooking note. New layouts for the near year!

My One Little Word (OLW)

I am not one to really do resolutions. But I do like goals. Are they same thing? Probably. But, I like calling them goals. I am also keeping to a One Little Word (OLW) this year. My OLW and my goals kind of go hand-in-hand.  My OLW for this year is DO. Such a simple two letter word. Do. I want to DO more. So much of my "problems" in life come from my deep seated urge to be lazy. I hold myself back, I've gained weight, let my house go, and failed goals. Just because I don't like doing anything. So I am focusing on when I am not doing, should I be?

Don't get me wrong. I am going to rest. I am the nap queen after all. I am fully aware of how important getting the right amount of rest. I am never going to be the kind of person who runs myself into the ground. But I want to do so much more with my life! We are only here for a short period. I am tired of missing out.

So with that in mind, what exactly do I want to DO?

My 2020 Goals


  • Meet my 2nd weight goal by the end of the year. I am 4 lbs from my 1st weight goal of being under 200 lbs. That would put me at 50 lbs lost already! And put me ready for the 2nd weight goal. That would be to get to 160 lbs. That is 40 lbs in one year. (Well 44). That means a lot more doing! Cooking good food at home. Not eating out. Not eating crap food. Moving more! Getting a workout regime in. Go on more hikes. Which if you know me, shouldn't be too hard. The hiking part. Hiking is like medicine for me. I deeply love hiking.
  • Take more photos. In 2019 I completed a project 365. It was fun, and you should check it out! But I think that is probably the last one for me. However, in 2020 I want to take better photos & more meaningful photos. I was just snapping photos with my phone last year to get the photo for the day. I want to learn my real camera more and take better photos. 
  • Scrap more! I am lucky enough to be on some amazing digital scrapbooking creative teams. Last year, that is practically all I scrapped. I've also been scrapping for 11 years. I want to scrap more layouts and advance my skill. 
Not too hard of goals! I think as long as I keep DO in the forefront of my mind, these are easily doable. I will update monthly on how I am doing. I of course will be dropping by as much as possible and showcasing my layouts and all the digital scrapbooking goodies that I am using. With that in mind...



New Digital Scrapbooking Layouts


First up is a couple layouts with one of the new digital scrapbooking creative teams that I am on. I am so excited over this!! Like I said earlier, I have been scrapping for 11 years. Over the years there was this designer that I applied for each and every creative team call she had. I was lucky enough to get on as a guest once ( I think she felt sorry for me. lol) and then she took a break from designing for a few years. She is back!! And I am on her team!! I squealed when I got on the team. Here are two layouts from Laura Wilkerson!


For this layout, I used I Resolve by Laura Wilkerson & Amanda Yi Designs. Do you see that llama? Have I told you about my son's new thing with llamas? They are life! I will have to do a post showcasing his llama bday party here soon. He got me this necklace for Christmas too. (All kit/collection images are linked in all my blog posts)




Up next are two more layouts showcasing Laura's designs. One of which is another collab. This collab is with one someone you all are familiar with here. JoCee Designs!! I am so happy for her. She is now part of Sweet Shoppe Designs. You know I love her & her unique designs. For this sweet layout of the kiddo and our sweet MeeMaw, I used Sugarbaby by Laura Wilkerson & JoCee Designs





And to scrap this space cadet and his wacky smile (he is trying out new smiles to find the one he wants to keep for the rest of his life. haha) I used Out of this World by Laura Wilkerson. I think what one of my favorite things about Laura's designs is her funky style, hand drawn elements, and use of color. She was one of the first designers way back in the day that would implement splatters and paint in her kits. Now, they are in most all of them! And you hardly find a layout of mine without them.


And the last layouts for today is another amazing designer that is a step above the average, and who's designs always stand out for me. If you remember back a few months ago, I found her while researching for a blog post here. And a perfect layout & collection to round up the 1st blog post of 2020. For this layout I used Cheers | Collection by Gone Digital Design.




And with that, I am going to get off here. I am looking forward to all of what 2020 has in store. I pray that everyone has an amazing year. We are starting it off with a promotion at work for me. Hoping that transition is a good one, and not too terribly stressful. We are also working on fixing up the house. I am excited for that prospect. Oh, I forgot totally to mention our family 2020 goal. That goal is "No Buy 2020." Meaning no eating out or buying crap. I am such a spender! I will put us in the poor house buying makeup and clothes. When I already have more than I can ever use. Same with the kiddo and video games. And we are all lazy and hate cooking. We eat out way too much. So we are doing that as a family. That is so we can fix the house us, and go to Disney World with my sister & her family.

Anyway...happy 2020!! I will be back soon with an update on how this month is going and as usual with new layouts!

Happy scrapping!