• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

More Layouts!


Like most everyone else in the world we have been spending a lot more time at home. Usually when April and May roll around here in Georgia, we start coming out of the wood work. The kiddo and I could be found at the local park walking every non-rainy day after school. During the Pandemic, there was no school! I was still one of the people that went into work every single day. But then it was straight home. That translated into a lot more time to scrapbook. Which I, of course, don't mind. 2020 might see more layouts from me since 2012. Which makes me think about how long I have been scrapping. Over TEN years! There was a small break in Summer of 2013. But that was only for like a month or two. I've been at it ever since. Some of my creative teams I have been on for 6+ years. Crazy! 

New Layouts 

Well, they are "new" per se. But new enough to showcase here on Shawn Bear Scraps. This showcase will be made up of digital scrapbooking layouts using the designs from Sweet Shoppe Designs. I completed their April monthly challenges + their iNSD challenges in May. That was a lot of layouts! Here are just a few of them. Images to the products are linked to their counter part in the store. All these layouts were made with products that I bought out of my own pocket. No creative team layouts here. . 


 


As I mentioned in my last post, I had to work in Florida over the course of two weeks back at the start of 2020. Pre -Pandemic. I would take photos of myself & send them to my hubby every morning. I usually always ask him how I look before I leave work. This was my way of doing that. And it was hard being away from my guys. I was texting them every chance I could get. For this layout I used Boss Lady by Grace Lee.

A digital scrapbooking collection by Grace Lee Designs, Boss Lady is inspired by strong women who take on the world fearlessly as small business owners, corporate executives, stay-at-home moms, goal setters or entrepreneurs. Document how you or someone you care about tackles that to-do list with hard work and hustle. We are in charge of our own destiny like a boss! This kit includes 35 papers (22 patterns and 13 solids)


As you might have guessed, I gravitate towards brightly colored digital scrapbooking kits. I only ever really struggle with muted and pastels. Don't get me wrong. I scrap with those colors often, and I am happy with the outcome. Things just don't come together as well as layouts created with bright and bold colors. Up next is another bright layout, featuring the ever photo-elusive Jeremy! For this layout I used Carefree by Blagovesta Gosheva



A digital scrapbooking kit by Blagovesta Gosheva, 'Carefree' is bright and cheerful kit, versatyle and perfect to document your happy everyday memories! Includes 28 digital papers (18 patterned/textured papers & 10 coordinating solids), alpha (uppercase letters A-Z, numbers and some symbols and punctuation in individual PNG files each) and 90 elements including handdrown flowers, baloons and hot air baloons, butterflies, stars, flowers and foliage, ribbons, buttons, hearts, frames, a lot of word bits, artsy stuff and much more! All elements and papers are created at 300 ppi in jpg (papers) and png (elements) formats for quality printing.

In my arsenal of favorites for digital scrapbooking kits, Autumnal colors are next! If you have been around Shawn Bear Scraps long enough you know that I do. That and Halloween kits go hand in hand. I also super love scrapping with big photos. I am not a big journaler on my layouts. I much rather the photo do the talking. Especially a great photo like this. Nothing like my hubby surrounded by beautiful nature! That deserves a big photo scrap!! For this layout I used another collection by Grace Lee. I am quite the fan. I also would like a drink of whatever is in that mug with a lemon. Looks so warming! This layout is made with Fall Walks by Grace Lee





That is all I have for today. I hope to be back next week with some new release layouts & some more "shelter in place layouts". I hope everyone has a good weekend! My plan is to invade my sister's pool while the hubby and BIL put us a new door in. And do some scrapbooking, of course! Happy Scrapping!