• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Summer Digital Scrapbooking Supplies | Vol. One


Honestly, we have nearly an entire month left until Summer officially starts here in the northern hemisphere. But here in the south of the States, we are looking at 90-degree weather, swimming, sweating, longer days, and no more school. So...it is summer to me! And with that in mind, we are going to be starting a new series here at Shawn Bear Scraps. Showcasing the latest, greatest, and iconic summer digital scrapbooking supplies. I will do this over the course of the whole summer. 

To start out, I am going to showcase 10 goodies from SweetShoppe Designs. I have said it before, it is one of my favorite stores for digital scrapbooking supplies. I will also say this, I am not set out to have these series filled with designs from the creative teams I am on. However, as they are all awesome, they are bound to pop up from time to time. If you want to know what teams I am on, check the "My Creative Teams" tab at the top of this site. With that in mind, I will make the usual transparency disclaimer. The creative teams I am on I get their products for free. That is in return for making sample layouts for advertisement purposes. I am not required to post anything about them here at Shawn Bear Scraps. If it makes it here, it is because I super love them! 

Now, on to the fun stuff!!

Summer Digital Scrapbooking Supplies


1. Splash Park: Word Art by Meagan's Creations

Splash Park word art by Meagan's Creations - included in this set are six various word arts, clusters, six stamps. Some are embellished and some are not so that they can be easily decorated to your liking or used as is. They are created to coordinate perfectly with Splash Park digital scrapbook kit by Meagan's Creations. Phrases include: "Fun in the Sun", "Wet N' Wild", "Splashin' Around", "Water Park", "Summertime",  and "Splash Pad".


2. Single 232: Pocketful of Sunshine by Cindy Schneider

A digital scrapbooking template by Cindy Schneider. Use this digital scrapbooking layered template to save time and create your own beautiful layout. This template can be used over and over... change your papers, photo and embellishing to obtain a unique layout each time you it! File contains 1- 12x12 inch layered template, both in .psd and .tiff formats. Template also includes basic drop shadows which can easily be removed or customized. Also included are the individual PNG files for the template, as well as the .page file for the template (SBC+3 users). *NOTE: SBC users, this template contains photo drop-ins, however page templates released prior to April 28, 2012 do not include the photo drop-ins*


3.Laughter, Food & Friends by Blagovesta Gosheva

A digital scrapbooking kit by Blagovesta Gosheva. Includes 22 patterned/textured papers, 18 coordinating solids, 2 alphas (capital letters A-Z, numbers and some symbols and punctuation in individual PNG files each) and over 100 elements including a lot of flowers and foliage, food - steak, kabob, fruits and vegetables, BBQ, grill, some drinks - wine, cola, lemonade, beer, word art and word bits, scatters, artsy overlays, ribbons, some stickers and much more as shown on the preview! All elements and papers are created at 300 ppi in jpg (papers) and png (elements) formats for quality printing.


4. Live The Life by Digital Scrapbook Ingredients

Live The Life by Digital Scrapbook Ingredients is a beautiful vibrant collection with a tropical vibe perfect for documenting those happy summer memories!


5. Fun in the Sun by Blagovesta Gosheva

A digital scrapbooking kit by Blagovesta Gosheva, Fun in the sun is cute, happy kit in bright cheerful colors perfect for all photos from your sunny summer days - summer fun in the sun, days at the pool or at the beach. Includes 44 digital papers (22 patterned/textured papers & 22 coordinating solids), alpha (capital letters A-Z, numbers and some symbols and punctuation in individual PNG files each) and over 100 elements including surf, fish, pink flamingos, shell, lanter, palm trees, sea turtle, crab, star fish, tropical leaves, a lot of flowers, sun, sun glasses, sun screen, cold drinks, fruits, artsy overlays, paint, wordbits and word art and much more!


6. Cruel Summer Words by LJS Designs

Two thousand and twenty has been a hard year and it doesn't feel like summer is any different. With it's new challenges associated with the ongoing pandemic, postponements and cancellations of our favorite summer events, continued social distancing and travel warnings, not to mention the regular heat and humidity, it feels like a cruel summer to me. If you want to scrap about the heat and humidity or the new normal we are living in right now, this kit will help you create beautiful pages about a hard summer. Use the words pack to add some easy journaling to all your layouts.


7. These Summer Nights by Digital Scrapbook Ingredients

This is one of my all-time favorite digital scrapbooking kit for Summer. These colors!! 
These Summer Nights by Digital Scrapbook Ingredients is a gorgeous collection with vibrant colors and lots of sparkle and perfect for documenting those special summer memories!


8. Single 215: Make a Splash by Cindy Schneider

A digital scrapbooking template by Cindy Schneider. Use this digital scrapbooking layered template to save time and create your own beautiful layout. It is perfect for scrapping all those amazing summer memories created in the pool. This template can be used over and over... change your papers, photos and embellishing to obtain a unique layout each time you use it!


 9. Sunshine on my Face: Kit by River Rose Designs


10. Sunshiny Day | Stamps by Digital Scrapbook Ingredients

This pack contains: 12 stamps in both png and abr files



That is all the bright and sunshine digital scrapbooking supplies that I have to showcase for you today. I will be back Tuesday with some 1st of the month goodies! New layouts!! And I will leave you with this proud Mama moment. 

You might remember from past posts, where we talked about the kiddo's struggle in school. He wasn't a bad kid, and he wasn't doing well. But because he was well behaved, he was slipping through the cracks so to say. 
I asked every year about getting additional help for him. The teachers would say every year that he was doing great. I guess I failed to convey how much tears and work the little guy was putting in at home to just make it. 
So we took it into our own hands and got him the help he needed. I knew from about 3 years old that he had a problem with attention. And that is what it was! ADHD. His doesn't always manifest in hyper activity like you would think with ADHD. (He can talk a mile a minute when he is having a day...like his momma. haha). But it mostly manifests in lack of attention, no concept of time, and zoning out. 
Here we are a few years later...and he is rocking school! ROCKING IT! I was so worried about him going into middle school. I freaking hated it and struggled so much. He came into his own. He is such a confident young man. He stepped out of his introverted doesn't mind being alone comfort zone and actively sought out making friends. Which he is on the phone with and playing games with constantly. And even better...See all those awards? He was the top boy in each of his core classes. And if he gets all of his 8th grade Math done over the summer, he will be starting high school classes while in middle school!!
You guys....I cried like the big cry baby I am. Proud doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. Isaiah is not just wicked smart. He works for it! He remembers the tears and hours he used to put in. And understands that it doesn't always come easy. And he has study habits! Can you tell I am proud?! 

Anyway, he is done with school. I have an 8th grader on my hands now. This time next year, we'll be looking to high school. Sigh. It has flown by. Absolutely jetted by!! 

That is all I have for today. I didn't mean to get off on a tangent. I hope you all have a good weekend. Make sure to check back Monday for some new Buffett goodies from GingerScraps!