• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

A Whole Year Has Passed!

 


Well...well...well. Where have I been? It has nearly a year since I have blogged. Literally next week will be a whole year. I am not sure that blogging is that relevant any more, but I always have enjoyed doing it. I have had this blog for over 10 years now. I will never close it down. But as history proves, I am not here blogging that often. 

What has happened this past year? 


I got a new job! This job is closer to home. Still doing customer service work. But only 7 minutes from the house. I am also just doing customer service work instead of accounting as well. I also made some really great life-long friends at this place. Which for someone who doesn't make friends easily, has been really nice. 
I have also not been scrapping as much. Just living the life, taking the photos and not scrapping as much. I have recently gotten back into it more. Much like this blog, I have been digital scrapbooking for 10+ years. (Close to 15 years!) I will never give that up. 

Jeremy and I hit the 15 year married mark this year, and still going strong! Helps being married to your best friend! We got a new niece, my hubby got a new Jeep, and the kiddo did start high school. Wasn't he just the little boy that I was taking to the playground? Now he is about to get his learner's permit, rocking high school and marching in the band for his 2nd year. 
He is the trombone player right there in the front on the yard line 

He is really rocking high school though. He was accepted into the Honors Scholar program in high school. He was 1 of the 15 kids that gotten chosen from his school. This means that he will be taking nearly all AP classes, while being dually enrolled in College classes. If all goes as planned, when he graduates high school, he will have a year of college credits to his name. Which is huge for him! He is aspiring to graduate Valedictorian and have all his college paid for. Those are his two goals. And I will be honest with you....I think he can do it! Goodness knows I am his biggest supports while he tries! 

And since my last blog post, my beautiful loving MeeMaw passed away. 11/11. If you know me, you know how much she means to me. You know when people say "there isn't a day that goes by I don't think about"....it is true. There is rarely a day I don't think of MeeMaw at least once. So much of who I am today is a person is thanks to her. She was a strong and beautiful soul. She gave the best hugs, and always looked out for other people. Even when she was in the depths of her Alzheimer's. She was always worried about getting "the girls" (my sister and I) and some times "the boy" (our sons) in bed on time and to church the next morning. 

This photo is the very last photo taken of her. She bounced back right at the end. This was also the last time I saw her. She was laughing and cutting up with me. She was also really enjoying her strawberry milkshake. I remember leaving this visit being happy. Thinking how full of life and almost like her old self she was. I adore this memory of her. I adore this photo of her. Gosh, I love and miss her so much! 

I really don't have a lot to talk about. Just living the daily life & loving that daily life. So, I will wrap this up. But not without showcasing a few new layouts. That is what this blog is about anyway, right? 

credits: Fall Homestead: Collection Bundle by Meagan's Creations

credits: Everyday Single 44 by Cindy Schneider & A Splash of Color: Collection + FWP by River Rose Designs

credits: I'm possible by Amanda Yi & Meagan's Creations