• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

My 2022 Favorites

 


Looking back on 2022 today. It was a pretty good year for me. Nothing too crazy. Work got a little crazy, and that did cause me to not scrap as much as I would like. But for 2022 I scrapped 200 layouts. Not bad! But there has been years where I have scrapped 300-400. I will have to come back (maybe next week) and discuss my 2023 goals. You know...now that January is nearly over. lol. 

But looking back at 2022, here are some of my favorite digital scrapbooking things. My favorite layouts, photos, and digital scrapbooking supplies. 

And as always...Everything is linked to their counterparts in the store. I am not set out to have these series filled with designs from the creative teams I am on. However, as they are all awesome, they are bound to pop up from time to time. If you want to know what teams I am on, check the "My Creative Teams" tab at the top of this site. With that in mind, I will make the usual transparency disclaimer. The creative teams I am on I get their products for free. That is in return for making sample layouts for advertisement purposes. I am not required to post anything about them here at Shawn Bear Scraps. If it makes it here, it is because I super love them! Now on to the fun stuff!!

My Top 3 Favorite Digital Scrapbooking Layouts from 2022


Up 1st is a layout with some of my favorite people ever. My MeeMaw and sister. We lost MeeMaw back at the end of 2021. And some of my favorite memories to scrap this year was of her. It was hard to start with. I would cry while scrapping her. She is such an important part of who I am as a person today. Losing her was really hard. We lost her years ago to Alzheimer's. It was almost a relief to see her go. As bad as that sounds. But MeeMaw would have been heart broken to know that she didn't know who we were, or where home was, or where she was safe. But it was so hard standing at her bedside and telling her bye. Scrapping moments and memories of her was cathartic. And this is one of my favorite layouts. The smiles on her face and the light behind her eyes. She lost that towards the end. It was night to go back and see those moments, and preserve them. 






Up next is my #1 favorite digital scrapbooking subject. Mr. Isaiah. This year he started high school, turned 15, and grew SO much! Physically and in maturity. This year also saw him and I butting heads a lot. He is growing up and becoming his own person, and I am holding on. Probably a bit too much. I am also a mom that pushes him. He has big goals for his high school years. He wants to graduate Valedictorian. I so believe he can do it. Semester 1 of high school he banged out high A's. His lowest grade was a 99 and his highest was a 103. But I am behind him pushing him. I will do all I can to help him meet his goals. 

But that aside. I love this photo of him. He looks way older than his 14 years in this photo. He looks happy too. He really enjoyed riding in Jeremy's Jeep with the top off, listening to music, and just driving around. You can see that here. I also liked listing out his attributes. Jeremy helped me with this as well. I always enjoy when Jeremy helps with my digital scrapbooking layouts. 





I love a good heavily themed layout. And the color yellow! And when you ask me what home is to me...it is this. It is them. These two guys. I could be in a box in the woods, and would be at home because I am with them. I am such a boring person. But I love nothing more than hanging out with them. Those times are filled with laughter and love. As you can tell from the top two photos. I really like how this layout turned out. It isn't my normal style. And maybe that is one reason I like it so much. 



My Top 3 Favorite Digital Scrapbooking Kits/Collections for 2022



Into the Woods by Just Because 

Some of my favorite kits and collections is woodsy and hiking themed. As someone who love to fill their layouts with clusters of flowers and leaves, these kind of digital scrapbooking supplies really help me do that. And this is one of my favorite from 2022. It is absolutely jam packed full of flora and fauna. I also really like the rich color pallet used as well. The varying shades of green, and all the yellow and orange. I had a lot of fun scrapping with this one. 







Moment in Time: Egypt by Meagan’s Creations This time Meagan’s popular series takes a time machine back to ancient Egypt!!! Whether it’s a field trip to the museum or a just a day at home, this collection has plenty of non themed  elements  and papers to even scrap your everyday moments.  Included are eighteen patterned 12 x 12 jpeg papers, twelve solid papers, two alphas: one hieroglyph alpha and gold metallic alpha, with ninety elements including: one ankh, two borders, one bow, seven buttons, one camel, one canopic jar, one crook and flail, four pieces ephemera, one eye of ra, one feather, fourteen flowers, three frames, one god ra sticker and stamp, one god seth sticker and stamp, one golden disc, one head dress, one jackal sticker and stamp, one khopesh, four leaves, one nemes, three paints, one pillar, one palm tree, one set of pyramids, eight ribbons, two scarabs, one winged scarab, one blank label, one new kingdom label, one old kingdom label, three strings, one tag, one After Life title and stamp, one Wonders of the World title and stamp, three word arts: ancient, Egypt, pharaoh, eight word strips: cartouche, deity, dynasty, hieroglyphics, mummy, museum, sarcophagus, and sphinx.

Moment in Time: Egypt Collection Bundle by Meagan's Creations

I am not sure I have really talked about this on here. If you know me in real life (and here too), you know I love all things Harry Potter, and panda bears. Did you also know I love all things Ancient Egypt? Any time I got to chose a topic to right a report about in my schooling days (1000 years ago), it would be on Ancient Egypt. I wrote fiction stories based there, and one year my mom and I made a huge diorama of a pyramid. So, when we were in DC and Jerr bought me tickets to go see the Queens of Egypt exhibition , I cried. I cried when we got there, and cried while we were there. It was beautiful! So you know I was so excited when I saw this collection!! 








A digital scrapbooking collection by WendyP Designs, Diagon Memories, is inspired by the secret alley world of Harry Potter. Jam packed with books, potions, wands and every other wizarding art supplies a great student of the magical arts may need. Super fans and casual theme park attendees alike will find this collection to be a must have in your scrapbooking stash! And because it is created in the same colors as Expecto Patrognome they are easily to mix and match.

Diagon Memories - Bundle by WendyP Designs

I have mentioned I liked Harry Potter....right? lol. You just had to know that a Harry Potter kit/collection would be making this list. I am really surprised that a layout made with it didn't make my top 3 layouts of the year. But those were more sentimental. That is why I chose them. Do I even have to say why this is in my top 3? Harry Potter and gnomies!! 

I scrapped my trip to the Atlanta Harry Potter Exhibition with this. I cannot wait to go back to Universal though, take more photos, and use this bad boy again! 



My Top 5 Favorite photos from 2022

What is digital scrapbooking without memories and photos? So I am closing out today's post with my top 3 favorite photos from 2022. This one was harder than the rest to just chose 3 photos. So I chose 5 instead! 


We love marching season in our family. Well, football season in general. We love watching the Dawgs play. But I love watching the boys march more! It was Isaiah's 2nd year marching, E1's 1st year and E2 got to join in! I loved so much that they let E2 march. He is in the 6th grade. 6th graders don't get to march. But he got to help with the props on the field. And got to play in the stands. He plays trombone with Isaiah. 




Yeah, I know. A selfie. But it is what is going on behind the photo that I love the most. I was taking a selfie, and Jerr was being funny. This was the snap that was taken while I was looking at him. I can see the love in my face for my husband of 15 years. The laughter that is there. The happiness. 




Isaiah is driving!! In his halloween costume. lol. I cannot believe we are here at this point in our life. He is in our neighborhood. But I also realize that I am not the parent to teach him to drive. We are too much a like and butt heads like crazy. And it makes me nervous. But this year he will be 16!! Wow....




You know there was going to be a Harry Potter photo here. This is a horrible photo of myself. But, this is more about the people in the photo. My guys, my sissy and her husband. 




My sweet boy and my sweet nieces. This year we were blessed with Oliva. Isaiah is such a good big cousin. He lets Katherine run him ragged, and does it with a smile on his face. And he will sit there and hold the baby and make her laugh. And the baby is my little snuggle bug. She loves her Aunt LaShawn. She keeps her eyes on me whenever I am there. Which I absolutely love. 


2022 was a great year. We did lose Jerr's grandmother around Christmas. Which was of course sad. She was a great woman. She is one of the 1st people in Jerr's family that made me feel like parts of the family. She was a strong woman and it was a great pleasure to have known her for nearly 20 years. 

I hope you enjoyed the look back at my 2022 digital scrapbooking style. I will be back later with my goals for 2023! 

Happy New Year! 


La'Shawn is a 39 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 11 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more HERE!