• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

My 2023 Goals!

 


Happy Monday and Happy New Year! Well, January is almost over. But I thought I would still stop by and talk about my goals for 2023. Personal, spiritual, and scrapbooking. 

My Goals for 2023 


I am not really a resolution setter. I have in the past, but they just do not work out for me. I am more a set a few goals kind of person. General goals. Is that resolutions?....yeah, maybe. lol. But I find thinking about it this way helps me get through them and actually accomplish them. 

By taking little steps at a time towards the bigger picture. 

I think I will start out with my personal goals. And I think I will do it with a digital scrapbooking flair. I don't know if you have heard about picking one word and making that your overall theme for the year. But I have done that this year! I thought and prayed for weeks on what my one word overall theme could be. 

My One Word for 2023 | DO

Credits: Beginnings: Collection + FWP by River Rose Designs

When I thought about it a lot of what I feel are my failings boil down to me just not being a "doer". I am lazy! Spending too much money....probably because we get food out too much because I hate cooking. Not losing weight....probably because I rather just sit and veg out and not do anything to lose weight. Including all that eating out. Not meeting my scrapping goals....probably because I am too lazy to do it! Not reading my bible....probably because I am not going to get up early to do anything and by the time I get around to it at night I am too tired and ready for bed. 

Do I would like my overall theme for 2023 to be "do". Just do it! (I realize I just sounded like a Nike commercial. lol) Stop sitting my life away. Stop letting the world pass me by and coasting through. Get up and do something!! 




My Personal Goals 

  1. Get Healthy. 
  2. Read the Bible Consistently 
  3. Take More Photos 
  4. Read 20 Books

Getting Healthy. Not just lose weight. But get healthy. I will say that losing weight is part of me getting healthy though. I am well over 200 lbs, pre diabetic, and insulin resistant. I live with PCOS and migraines. Which doesn't make any of that easy. But I have to do! I have to push myself. It is okay to feel uncomfortable from time to time, even a lot of the time starting out. It is better than killing myself with crappy food and bad lifestyle! I did start this journey in October of last year. Finally went to a doctor and got help. I lost 20 lbs. My hair stopped falling out. I stopped hurting 24/7. And my migraines eased up. But of course November and December came and I fell off of it. I am struggling through January trying to get back on track. But this plan comes with eating what is best for me! 

Read the Bible Consistently. I had this goal last year and failed. I was doing really good starting out, and then work went bonkers and I stopped. So this year, I am back on it! While I am talking about this, I want to suggest bible reading tools for anyone out there who is looking. I looked for years for something like this. So I want to share it. (not affiliated). The Daily Grace Co. is a great website/store with affordable bible study tools. They have sales all the time. I have worked through many books from them. They also have multiple podcasts. This Year I am doing "A Year in the Bible with The Daily Grace Co". It is a daily podcast, and reading. You do not have to get the books that goes along with it. I did, but this 100% can be done without them. And it is not too late to start. I have a bit of catching up to do already. But I am going to stick with this one!! 

Take More Photos. As I mentioned before, I got a bit bogged down with work this past year. I didn't take near enough photos. Which sucks! I am a memory keeper. I take that title with absolute pride! I am the one that everyone in the family comes to for photos of a time and a place and a person. I am the one that had the photos for both my MeeMaw and Jeremy's Nana when they past. But this past year, I failed. I am determined to be that annoying person with the camera/phone in everyone's face collecting memories. But not just the big ones. I want to collect the little moments. Because after all...life is made up of those little moments. 

Read 20 Books. You guys...I read ZERO books last year. ZERO! Such a shame. I used to be such a reader. I had a huge library of books and my own cataloging system. It made me sad the other day when Jeremy said that in the past 10 or so years, he would have never called me "a reader". How sad is that? So this year I set out to read more. The main problem is I don't branch out from my comfort reading. I like historical fiction. If things feel a bit too modern, I don't like it. But because of that, I am bored of what I am reading. So I am going to read 20 books this year! And I might even stop by and do book reviews. I am already 1 book down and half way through book 2 this month. Woot! 


My Digital Scrapbooking Goals 

  1. Scrap 300+ Layouts 
  2. Get on my Dream Creative Team
  3. Learn More about Digital Scrapbooking Designing 

Scrap 300+ layouts. I mean that is pretty self explanatory, right? I am already 20 layouts down. But I probably should step up my game in order to get to 300 by the end of the year. But I don't want to just be a digital scrapbooking layout machine. Farming out crap layouts. I want to keep true to the memory keeping. Make every layout mean something! I have my Creative Teams that I am on, that will help with that. But I am also going to try and participate in Sweet Shoppe Design's monthly challenges to push my ideas and get 15 non CT layouts done. 

Get on my Dream Creative Team. So in order not to jinx it. I am not going to say who, what or where that is at. lol But as an introvert I don't put myself out there. I don't jump in conversations and sell myself that well. I am a "you get what you see" kind of person. If you don't like it...I hate it for you. lol. But I think getting on my dream creative team will cause me to push my introvert self and put myself out there. I am going to do it though! 

Learn More About Digital Scrapbooking Designing. So, I have been hesitant on this one. I have been in the digital scrapbooking community for 15 years now. I have been friends with many scrappers and designers. One thing that I have learned is once a scrapper moves over to digital scrapbooking designing, they kind of stop scrapping. Mostly stop scrapping. And even though learning the design side of things will push my limits, I know I can do it. I taught myself photoshop (the basics that I know) in order to digital scrapbook. I could teach myself this. But, I am afraid it will cause me to stop scrapping. Which I never want to do. But, after talking with my husband, I felt kind of drawn to it. To make digital scrapbooking supplies that I want. You know....full on panda and harry potter and all the yellows. lol. So, we will see. 



So there you have it. My goals for 2023. Personal and digital scrapbooking. I pray and hope and will work to keeping these. I plan on coming back here from time to time and updating on where I am. Kind of like keeping myself accountable! 

This is a big year for me. I turn 40!!!! I want to be the best version of myself as I start a new decade of my life. As I become a middle aged woman. Man, typing that out made me think of how long I have been doing this. Scrapping and blogging. I was in my twenties. Kind of young twenties at that. And now here I am...about to be 40. Wow. 

Anyway, happy scrapping and have a good week!