• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

All Creatures Great and Small

Well I am going to get right to it on this one. Funky Playground Designs has a huge collab charity kit out to benefit the National Wildlife Federation. It can't be said better than FPD said it themselves:
"All Creatures Great and Small is a charity collaboration to benefit the National Wildlife Federation and is exclusively available for sale at Funky Playground Designs through July 18th.

According to the National Wildlife Federation:

Millions of gallons of oil have oozed into the water since the April 20th rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico. Some estimates calculate the oil flow to be over 70,000 barrels of oil a day—making the BP spill already eight times larger than Exxon Valdez!

And we still don't know when it will stop.

The wildlife casualties are adding up. Oil has officially hit land, and numerous sea turtles, dolphins and migratory birds have all been reported dead or dying on gulf beaches. Sadly, this is just the beginning of the uphill battle wildlife in the region now face.

Please donate today to help protect the over 400 species of treasured wildlife that stand to lose so much from this devastating tragedy. Your support will go right to work protecting wildlife and wild places impacted by the BP oil spill disaster.
The profits from the sale of this collaboration will go directly to the National Wildlife Federation and the receipt will be posted on the Funky Playground blog after the donation has been made.

Contributing Designers are: 4 Shades of Blue, Caged Bird Designs, Daybreak Scraps, Ellie Lash, Edeline Marta Designs, EH Studios, Girl Boy Girl Designs by Jen Balding, Jaclyn Bernardo, Jennilyn Designs, Kiss This Designs, Mad Genius Designs, Michelle Batton, Scrappin' Daisies Designs, Secret Garden, Shanmomto4 Designs and Siamese Studio.

Please click on the link to view additional images to see previews of each designer's contribution as well as sample layouts made by the Funky Playground Designs' Creative Team.

In addition to the contributing designers, we'd like to extend our gratitude to Songbird Avenue and DigiShopTalk for providing advertising."

Being married to a tree hugger and an animal lover myself, this tragedy really hurts my heart. I wont go into all I feel about it nor will I preach about it. A lot of people have a lot of strong opinions about it. I just think at this point we should worry more about getting it cleaned up. This is a little something we here in the scrapping community can do. I am waiting for pay day so I can buy the kit, so here are some awesome pages from FPD site CT to go along with the preview. Check it out:


layout by Chookie


layout by hoo-rah

and layout by ccouch

Thanks for stopping by!