• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Christmas & a Flooded Bathroom


What a strange title, right? I hope that your holidays were merry!! I had plans on coming back here and doing a little lippie swatch party. But...when I got home Thursday evening that was blown out of the water. I walked in my bedroom and got the scare of my life. I thought the shower was running. I could hear the water at the pressure level of a shower blasting. It was just me and my son there. Who the heck was in my shower?!? Turns out, it was no one. I crept into the bathroom and walked right into a flood. Sigh. We think it had been going all day. 9+ hours. I got the water turned off, and the kiddo and I mopped up all the standing water. Then I got to work on the carpet in the bedroom. We thought we were doing pretty good. That it only seeped out of the bathroom by like a foot. We worked for hours cleaning that up. Getting it dry. We debated calling insurance. Jerr decided he was going to just to see what they had to say. That was until the next morning. When I stepped into the closet in my sock feet. Ugh. Nothing worse than that wet on your feet sock feeling. It is even worse when that wet feeling is because what you thought was contained to just a little bit in your bedroom, was because it all went into your closet. So Jerr spent Christmas Eve Eve at home with the people that came over via the insurance company. My entire bathroom has been gutted. The tile has come up.
The fans and our ripped up flooring
The carpet in half the bedroom has been ripped up. Then they placed the dehumidifier and fans all over the bedroom & bathroom. As well as under the house. Now, this isn't the first time we have had to deal with water issues in our house. Years ago we came back from vacation and the ice maker hose to the fridge had a hole in it and it leaked for an entire week. So I was fully prepared for these machines. I hated them then, and I hate them now. Well, I appreciate them for what they are for. But...they are so loud!! So loud!! And our bedroom has our toilet and double sink sitting in it. So, We had to sleep in various places around the house with these machines blasting. Until yesterday. Made for an interesting Christmas, and made for zero lippie swatching. Whew, that was a long story.

We still had a wonderful holiday extended weekend though. It is kind of nice when it falls on a day that allows for an extended weekend holiday break. Unfourtantly, Jerr had to work on Christmas Eve. That meant that the kiddo and I had a Me & You Day!! I love all my Me & You Days with him.  This one felt extra special. Maybe it was the Christmas spirit. Or maybe it is because he is a bit older and I can actually hang out with him. 

This Me & You day consisted of playing Mario Cart on his new Switch. Eating Mexican food at our favorite restaurant. The food was sooo good that day and the waiter was one of the nicest I've ever had. Followed up by hours of walking at our favorite park and Pokemon hunting. I had such a blast with him!! We ended up at Jerr's grandmother's house that evening for Christmas Eve dinner and presents. Then back home to the wind tunnel and more Mario Cart. All 3 stayed up until midnight to bring in Christmas Day. The kiddo has never been one to wake up early to unwrap presents. This Christmas we drug him out of bed around 1030 AM. Then got our Christmas on!!


This is just a glimpse of our Christmas day. The rest are on my camera. It was a wonderful day though. Outside the wind tunnel house of course. lol. And yes...that is a pandacorn you see. You know you are loved when your hubby and son go into a little girl's store because they just have to buy you a panda. They were out shopping and kept walking by Justice and saw the pandacorn in the window. They finally ended up going in and buying their 35-year-old wife/mom a pandacorn. I love it!!

I hope you all had a great holiday! I will be back in the new year with some new digital scrapbooking layouts and hopefully those aforementioned lipstick swatches. Happy New Year!