• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

2019 Resolutions


I am a New Years resolution gal! I love them! I get why others do not. My husband is one who doesn't really do resolutions. You can start new at any point in your life, and most people do not hold to their resolutions. I love it though. I love counting down the new year. Setting goals, and crushing them. I have followed through with more than half of my resolutions in my life.
My 2018 resolution was to read the bible every single day. I did it!! Every single day. There were a few nights I would be all cozy in my bed and then remember. Up I got and got my bible study done. This year's I am taking on a big one. Something that calls for a lot of little steps that equal one big thing. My health. I do want to lose weight. I am over 200 lbs. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to lose weight. It is more than that though. I want to change a lifestyle. My PCOS is always there. I deal with it literally every single day. Lately, though it has flared up worse. All those separate issues that equal PCOS are bigger of late. That all boils down to not taking care of myself.

My 2019 Resolution

So with that in mind, my 2019 resolution is to get my health under control. I have many little things to set in place and it written all out. I am going to take it day-by-day, week-by-week, and month-by-month. You get it. That all equals to one year of change. I have monthly goals, and I am writing this blog post for accountability. My goal is to come back here at the start of each new month and review how I did the previous month.


January 2019 Goal: Workout 5 Days a Week

That is doable. I actually already workout around 3 days a week. I plan on starting out small and working my way up. 5 days isn't small. But the workouts will be. On non-rainy/snowy days I will be taking the kiddo out to walk. We love to walk. The goal is at least a mile. If possible, more. On those inside days, I have an elliptical, stationary bike, and workout videos at home. I feel like if I can get 5 days a week for a solid month. That is 25 days out of the 31 in January. I will have established a good baseline pattern to carry over to February and it's new goal.



I feel like if I focus mainly on one change at a time, and give it a full month, that by the end of the 12 months I will have an overall healthy lifestyle change. I feel deep down that this is going to work. I am prepared for setbacks. It happens to everyone. I just have to keep the mindset that I am not defined by those setbacks. That even though this is a New Year resolution, it is ultimately a lifestyle change. Tiny steps to a new La'Shawn. I also know that I cannot do it alone. I am going to have a monthly verse to post all over the place and focus on. This month's is:
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. - Isaiah 43: 18-19 NIV
I love these verses. I found it from doing a bible study on my bible app. If you are looking for a good bible study to kickstart your change, check out The New You on YouVersion. I like it a little more because it is from the book of Isaiah too.

There you have it. My resolution for this year. I also want to take more photos, blog more, and scrap more. But I love doing those. I don't need a planned out resolution to do them more. Do you have any resolutions? Tell me in the comments below, or link me up to your post!

Happy New Year!