• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Pulling from the Photo Archives

Hello!! I do hope this finds everyone well. I told you that I would be back and blogging more this year. You can find me more frequently on my FB page, if you want to mosey on over there. But I am dropping in on this fine Friday to showcase some new digital scrapbooking layouts! Whoo hoo! 

Before we get started though. How is everyone? Are things looking better where you are at, as far as the pandemic goes? Vaccines are rolling out around here. And although things around here opened back up at the end of summer last year, there are far more people out and about than there were in 2020. I think people are starting get their lives back. 



As far as our little house, we made it all the way through 2020 without even having to be tested. That changed at the start of this month. The kiddo was exposed to Covid by multiple people. These people he usually is in pretty close contact with when around them. I was also exposed, just not as much. Don't worry. They are a-okay and only had mild symptoms. The kiddo and I got tested. We were negative, and never shown signs of having it! Thank goodness. There was a quarantine though. Which my hermit teenager was happy to be in. haha. Things are back to normal now though. I count our blessings that the people that did have it came through perfectly fine, and that we never got it. But now...on to digital scrapbooking layouts! 

Look at this cute little baby!! I went way back in the archives for these photos. And the crazy thing was right before I got this release to work on, Jerr and I were just talking about this. The kiddo has always had food aversions. Even as a baby. The after affect of trying to feed him food (which was a LOT) that he didn't like...wasn't pretty. But boy-oh-boy that kid loved carrots. Not so much now. But we fed him so many carrots....he little nose turned orange! 

If you give the photos in this a layout a good look, you can see that orange little nose. :-) For this layout I used the newest collection from Jen Yurko. In full transparency, the layouts created in this blog post were made with digital scrapbooking products that were given to me to work with. In order to make layouts for the designer to showcase in their store & social media. The opinions on these are 100% La'Shawn. But as you can see...these designs speak for themselves really! 


We Go Together Like: Peas & Carrots by Jen Yurko can be found at PickleBerry Pop. (Image is linked to store). This is another fun take on Jen's We Go Together Like (WGTL) series. I am not going to lie. I am not a fan of the color orange. Unless you pare it with black, and call it Halloween. But this collection is so dang cute!! The little carrots are just adorable. And of course, the peas are as well. Even though the little green mush balls are not yummy to eat! hahaha. 


Up next are two collections from GingerScraps. The Montly Mix and a little bit from their Buffet. Both of these hit the very 1st day of the month. The Monthly Mix is a collaboration between a handful of the designers. The designers who make the kit changes every month. It is usually packed full of digital scrapbooking goodies. This month's I went back in the archives to scrap with. Not as far as the baby with the orange nose. But back to 2015. A cold and very windy late winter day. 


He look...more orange! I am starting to see a pattern today. But I was scrapping Michelangelo...so orange was a must! And as I mentioned earlier, this is using the Monthly Mix from GingerScraps. (photo below is linked to store). It is aptly named, Blowin' in the Wind


And last up for today's layouts is not as far back in the photo archives, and no orange! This is back to the pre-pandemic times, of 2019. When you could go out to eat and sit close to people a lot more freely. And my two guys being silly as always! 


For this layout I used the template set from Shepherd Studios, Love to Scrap Vol. 21. and the collection from Aprilisa Designs, You Are. I am not going to lie. I always struggle a bit with collections that tend to come out this time of year. They usually are pastels and muted color tones. I don't know why, but I super struggle with that. Give me bright, bold and neon any day!! But I really like how this layout turned out. Must be the great supplies I used. :-) (Images are linked) 



And one more thing before I go. I haven't had the chance to sit down and scrap with it yet, but I wanted to show you the stunning Buffet contribution from Neia Scraps *chef's kiss* !! It is called, Yes. you can. I have been a fan of her designs for years. But something has changed with her collections, and I just cannot get enough of them! They are always so stunning! I like the people that she usually incorporates in, and her eye for detail is spot on. So, I thought I would share with you all. (image linked...of course!) 


So, that is it for today. I hope to be back tomorrow or at least next week with some more layouts. I have some fun & brightly colored layouts to show you from the newest designs coming out this evening from Sweet Shoppe Designs. Keep well and make sure to get your scrap on! And link a girl up. Seriously, show me your latest digital scrapbooking layouts or designs. I will leave the love!




  

La'Shawn is a 37 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 12 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more HERE!