• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

DigiScrap Designer Showcase - Aprilisa Designs

 

Happy Monday! I thought it was time to start showcasing some of my favorite designers out in the digital scrapbooking world. I have been doing this for 12 years, and have seen designers come and go. I've also seen designers rocking the designs for these 12 years (and some even longer!). 

The market is not as saturated as it was about 5 years ago. There are still some really great stores and designers out there! I am partial to my creative teams of course. And I am going to to start with a designer that I work with. As usual, I want to be completely transparent. I get these products for free, in order to make layouts for the designer to use in advertisements. It is not a requirement to post anything on my blog. If it makes it here, it is because I super love them! And I absolutely love this designer. (She doesn't even know I am writing this blog post up!)


I have been on Lisa's team since the start (with a small few month break in 2013). We started out scrapbooking together on another CT (Designs by Tater). She then started designing on her own, and I jumped at the chance to be on her creative team. But that is not why I am showcasing her designs here. Check out one of the very first layouts I scrapped using her designs HERE. However, if I was to pick a designer that matched my scrapping style the best, without a doubt it would be Aprilisa Designs! 

She has a more classic and paper feel to her designs. She packs her collections full of great clustering elements. Which if you know anything about my scrapping style, you know I love! She also has great themes and color schemes to go along with that. She knocks that out of the park each and every time! 

Another thing she is fantastic at is her templates! I literally have over 1000 of them. I mean it! She is on her Picture Perfect number 228. There are 4 templates to a pack. Not to mention all the other on themed templates she did. You should see her scrap as well. She is amazing. That is no doubt why her templates are so spot on. 

So what I am going to do is showcase a bunch of great stuff here. 5 of my favorite template packs and5 of my favorite kits from her. It will be hard narrowing it all down. But I am up for the task! So check it out...everything is linked to the store! 

My Favorite Aprilisa Digital Scrapbooking Kits

Berry Sweet is one of Lisa's newest designs. She created it for iNSD. I am partial to strawberries. I've loved them since I was a little girl. My grandmother's landlady would always take us to a specific restaurant because she knew I loved strawberries and could eat them until my heart was content. But outside that nostalgic memory, I love this color scheme. Yellow is my favorite color, and pink is not that far behind it. This is such a sweet kit! 

Best of Summer is perfect for this time of year where I live. Summer is right around the corner. My vacation is even closer than that, and I cannot wait. Don't get me wrong. Autumn is my favorite season. But I love longer days and spending more time with the family as we do in the Summer. And the Best of Summer is just that! It is packed full of all that you can think of when you think of Summer. 


Perfect Match is perfect! I am partial to the elements that have the mustache, as that is what my hubby has. And to be all cheesy, he is my perfect match! I really like how this is not the usual color scheme for a lovey-dovey kit. The pops of green really make it stand out in my opinion. I also just really love all the paired elements! 


Radiate Sunshine does just that!! Look at all that yellow!! It makes me smile every time I see this collection/kit. As usual, this kit has the perfect amount of good clustery elements that are perfect and on theme. But it's the color scheme for me. All that yellow!! 


Super Dad is one that will always catch my attention. I've said it before, and I will say it until I am done scrapping (never!). If it is a boy/man kit, I am buying it! Again, this one has the perfect element for me. That mustache!! But I also really like the color scheme with the browns, blues, and greens. And although it does have some flowers, it isn't busting with them. And the flowers it does have are not girly ones. 

My Favorite Aprilisa Designs Templates

You can tell Lisa is a scrapper at heart! Her templates are some of the best out there, in my opinion. And take a look at these. They are all so different from each other. That is what her template selection is full of. Different templates for different styles. 

Picture Perfect 98 by Aprilisa Designs


Picture Perfect 129 by Aprilisa Designs


Picture Perfect 147 by Aprilisa Designs


Picture Perfect 169 by Aprilisa Designs 


Picture Perfect 198 by Aprilisa Designs




La'Shawn is a 37 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 12 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact