• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Start of Summer & Bojangles

 

You know I love Autumn. But there is something about Summer! The long days, hanging out with family more, swimming, the smell of sunscreen...Vacations! I love vacations the most. haha. The photo at the top is from our vacation last year. My sister and I with our guys went to Panama City. The water was amazing! I marveled at the water the entire time. We are not going to the beach this year. But we are going on vacation. I cannot wait to come back here and showcase all the fun we are going to have! 

That isn't why I am here today. I am here to showcase some new designs and my new layouts. I managed to scrap a whole 3 this past week. And honesty, none are beach-related. But one is Summer related. That is why I busted out my beach photos. I really just wanted to look at them. haha. And as you can tell from the title of this post, it isn't all summer-related. I will start with that one though. 


Splash Park: Collection Bundle by Meagan's Creations



KIT: Splash Park Meagan’s Creations Kit What a great way to spend a hot summer day splashing around at the water park! So many things to do to help you cool down. Just don’t forget to wear your sun screen!  Includes sixteen patterned 12x12 papers, ten grungy solid papers, two alphas: one teal and blue sticker alpha, and one red polka dot acrylic alpha.  One hundred twenty three embellishments include: one arrow, one banner, two beach balls, one bead scatter, one bucket, one butterfly, six buttons, one dump bucket, three flip flops, twelve flowers, three frames, one hibiscus, one hibiscus sticker, seven stickers,one empty pail, one filled pail, three paints, two palm leafs, one palm tree, two pinwheels, two popsicles, seven ribbons, three slides, seven stars, two swirl stitches, one set of straight stitches, one set stitch holes, one set stitches no holes, one sun, five sunglasses, one sun screen, two swim suits, three swirls, one ticket, three tubes, two twines, one umbrella, two washi tapes, seven word arts- "water park", "wet n' wild", "Fun in the Sun", "Splash Park", "Splash", "Summer", "Fun", four word art stamps, two water splashes, three water balloons, two water guns, one water pad, one wave, and eight word strips- "cooling off", "floaties", "lazy river", "season pass", "soak it up" , "splashin' around", "splash pad", and "wave pool".

Oh, I love these papers in Splash Park by Meagan's Creations so much! Not to mention the bright colors. I am kind of glad we are leaving the Spring-inspired designs and heading toward the Summer. That usually means bright colors!! Don't you just love that wave-looking paper? I knew I had to use that as soon as I saw it. And of course, the boys are super cute! They are also super funny! All packed in on my sister's float. They ended up tipping over before it was all said and done. I also think my sister's float didn't make it the whole Summer as well. 

I also used Picture Perfect 226 by Aprilisa Designs for this layout. It screamed, "scrap water layouts with me!" Those circles did anyway...right? I think the color scheme of the templates kind of lead me that way as well. 



So, let's talk about the other thing mentioned in the post title. Bojangles. It isn't omonious. It is the opposite to my child. Isaiah love...and I mean loves Bojangles. He would eat it every meal of every day if he could. It had gotten to the point that the people at the drive through at the one right close to the house knew my husband. Knew the order when he drove up! Yes, that also means we probably let him eat it a bit too much. But I stopped the food fight with the kid a long time ago. I am not going to make food something horrible for him. Food issues are hard enough on their own, without trauma added to it. I digress. On to the Bojangles inspired digital scrapbooking layout! 

Does the colors of this kit not remind you of Bojangles? Well, maybe it did me because of the amount of their cups I see in the kid's room when I make him clean it up. :-) For this layout, I used a collaboration kit and a template set. Check out: 

GingerBread Ladies Collab: Eat What You Want

Eat What You Want: A collaboration from our GingerScraps designers. This kit includes: 1 Alpha {Uppercase, Lowercase, Numbers & Punctuation} 60 Papers 116 Elements This product was the Free With Purchase shop collab for May 2021. During the month of May 2021, it will be automatically added to your cart when you spend $10.00 or more in the GingerScraps shop. Prior to purchasing- Please remember to check your stash and make sure you do not already own this.

Tossed #3 Templates by Aimee Harrison

These templates will make your photos pop! And is perfect for use with multiple papers! I love using multiple papers! My Tossed #3 Templates include This set of 4 includes 4 .png file sets, 4 .psd files, 4 .tif files and 4 .page files These Templates can be used for PU/S4H/S4O/CU.

I also used that template set to create the 3rd layout for this week. It isn't really Summer related, and it sure is not Bojangles-related. Although, I cannot promise we didn't stop by there the day these photos were taken! It was one of the best Spring days I had. Isaiah loved it as well. He was telling people about it weeks afterward. And all we did was go for a beautiful Spring day walk. I think he is a bit like his Mama though. He enjoys being outside. He said it make him happy. It was THE perfect templature and just the slighted breeze. We laughed and talked the whole time. Gosh, I think I will remember this day forever. And it was "just" a Spring day walk. You can look at these photos of my man-child and see that he was enjoying himself. 

Can you tell, or is it just because I am his Mom that I can? I think it is obvious. And for this layout I of course used Tossed #3 template set above. For the kit I used A Love Like No Other {Kit} by Jumpstart Designs. Just like I mentioned in the last 5 Friday Favorites, it is the watercolors and the animals for me! And of course the theme and brighter colors! 

That is all for today. I really enjoyed getting back into the swing of things scrapbooking. I cannot wait to get some more done. I will come back and show them off here. I am going to leave you with this. This is from last year's vacation. I told you the water was amazing. Make sure to turn on the sound! 



La'Shawn is a 37 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 12 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact