• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

5 Friday Favorites | Vol. 5

 

Hello! I don't have any scrapbooking layouts to show off just yet. I am still getting really tired by around 2pm and by the time I get home, I am only good for lying around. lol. But...I am good for searching the digital scrapbooking stores, building up my wishlists, draining my spending money, and bringing you new digital scrapbooking goodies to show off. So that is exactly what I am doing today!

I had a lot of fun doing this week's Five Friday Favorites. I intentionally went to stores that I don't usually shop at. I found some new-to-me designers and a whole lot of new goodies to add to my wish list! I really should venture out a bit more. Let us get right to it!

My Five Friday Favorites

First up is Back To The 80´s Kit by Palvinka Designs. As a child of the 80s this jumped right out at me. Well, I guess I am probably more a child of the 90s. I was born in the 80s and was really little in the 80s. But I can claim both. And that is the great thing about this kit. It is themed to the 80s, but versatile! 

Detailed including: 9 papers 12 solid papers over 53 +10 wa strips (.png files| some elements are recolored 80. png together) Check out "Back To The 80´s Collection" and save $$$!!! Please note that the sample layouts could include pieces from the whole collection. All created at 300dpi and saved as PNG files. S4H friendly!


We are switching seasons, and heading to Autumn with this next one! BOO CREW page kit | by ForeverJoy Designs is my next favorite. It is well established here at Shawn Bear Scraps that I love Autumn, and everything to go along with it. Halloween is one of my favorite holiday/celebrations!! And ForeverJoy Designs, rocked this kit. I absolutely love her designs, and will be buying more in the future. Her designs stand out in a crowd. They are unique and you can always tell by looking at them, that they are her's. I really like the patterned themed papers in this kit, and the three ghosties in the front and center is what ultimately drew my eye in. They kind of remind me of Casper's uncles! 

Inside you'll find a total of 25 beautifully patterned papers (10 patterns with alternates and 5 bonus solids) and a themed collection of elements that tell the story of your SPOOKTACULAR Halloween stories!  You'll find 4 not-so-spooky ghosts, pumpkins, an ace of spades, a fortune telling game board,  a spider web and yikes! tiny spiders, a little bat,  a witches broom, 3 buttons, a bit of lace, a ribbon, 3 autumn leaves, labels, candy corn, rubber icon dots, 3 pices of Word Art, binder clips, 10 rubber word snips (in 2 variant colors) and more for a total of over 65 pieces!

As well established as it is that I love Autumn, I think it is just as known that I am a fan of Connie Prince's designs! And Woodland Wonder - Kit by Connie Prince is a stand-out for me. I have been a fan of Connie's for years, even being on her creative team for a few years. I have been buying her kits/collections for 10+ years. I love how they have evolved, and the watercolor touches she has been adding lately, are my absolute favorite. I love watercolor and painted elements. And just art in general! I would have it all over my house if I could. I would paint if I was talented enough to. 

And I am such a sucker for nature and hiking kind of designs. We love to do that in our family, and I crave being outside. As corny as it sounds, it is like medicine to my soul being outside. And Woodland Wonder captures just that. But I will be honest with you....It is mostly the cute animals that drew me to this collection! 

Woodland Wonder - Kit by Connie Prince. Includes 16 pattern papers, 10 solid papers, 2 arrows, 1 wreath with journal space, 1 blank label, 1 butterfly, 4 buttons, 1 carbiner, 2 clouds, 2 ephemera elements, 2 feathers, 8 flowers, 1 red fox, 1 frame, 2 geometric shapes, 1 wooden heart disc, 1 hiker symbol, 1 wooden hoof print disc, 2 inked spots, 1 journal mat, 1 adventure label, 1 explore label, 1 explorer label, 1 forest friends label, 1 wild & free label, 1 wild one label, 1 leaf, 1 metal pieces element, 1 moose, 1 wooden paw print disc, 1 racoon, 3 ribbons, 1 ricrac, 1 scatter, 2 splatters, 1 stitched line, 1 string, 1 tag, 1 piece of tape, 2 trees, 1 set of tree trunks, 2 twigs, 1 nature walk word art, 1 wonders of nature word art, 1 woodland wonder word art, 1 woodslice, 1 woodslice border, 1 wreath, 1 complete alpha/ number set (includes upper, numbers, & common punctuation). Scrap for hire / others ok.

Up next is another designer that I was on a team. She left designing for a bit, and I that of course caused me to not be on her team. And I missed her next creative team call. :-( But if she has another one, I am totally applying. Anyway, that is all to say that I adore her collections. She is an amazing scrapper, and you can tell in her designs. In fact, check out her youtube. You can watch her scrap! She knows what a scrapper wants, and her kits are beautifully designed. Ad she has an amazing knack for color schemes! Luv Ya Self Girl Kit by Love it Scrap it Designs embodies all of that. Amazing color, cohesive design, and look at those papers!!! 



Oh goodness... I really didn't plan it this way. For the last three to be former creative teams, I was on. But...that is just how it worked out. The teams that I have been on over the years are for designers that I buy from! Up next is A Bug's Life Kit by Cornelia Designs. I was on her team years, and years, and years ago. Before she took a sabbatical. I am really glad to see she is back to designing. And I am always partial to a Bug kit/collection. My husband and I took Entomology together in college. It was the only class we had together. While I am not a huge fan of bugs. Like...you've never seen a fat chick run as fast as you will see me run from a stinging bug! However, it always holds a place in my heart because of the one and only class we had together. And then when Isaiah was really little (about up to the 5th grade), I called him Bug. I called him that more than I called him Isaiah actually. He was my Bug! So, I am always drawn to those designs. 

And A Bug's Life Kit by Cornelia Designs isn't the typical cutesie bug-themed kit. It has an almost realistic feel to it. An Entomology feel to it honestly. I like the focus is on the insects themselves, and I really like the muted and natural color scheme. And you know me. I love patterned papers. Check these out! 


That is all I have for today. I hope you found something you liked! Feel free to link me up to your favorite products. I am always on the lookout for new items to add to my collection, and new designers to follow! 

Guess what?!? I scrapped this week! After fighting Covid, working the entire time, and playing catch up from the ramifications of being out of work for two weeks, I finally had the time to sit down and scrap. It felt amazing to do so; and I cannot wait to show you my new layouts. There are three of them, and they are lots of fun. So make sure you check back in a few days for those. 

It is getting hotter and hotter here in NW Georgia. We are talking mid 90s this weekend. My sister is opening up her pool this weekend. So that is where you will find me...taking lots of photos of the boys in the pool. It is still too dang cold for me to get in. 

Happy Scrapping! 



La'Shawn is a 37 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 12 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more HERE!