• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

It Finally Feels Like Fall!

And I couldn't be happier!! Last week we got up to 99 degrees. It felt like it was over 100 degrees. The A/C in my office stopped working, and I got sick from it. One of the quickest ways to trigger a migraine for me is to get overheated. But I could see the light at the end of the tunnel! The weather said it would start dropping come Saturday. And thanks be to God, it did!! But let me back up to last week.


Like I said though. The A/C in my office stopped working. I hate complaining about being hot. I work in a steel mill. Everyone on the floor doesn't have their own personal A/C. So I feel a bit wrong complaining about mine not working. Although, I am on the top floor. And heat rises. I know it was at least in the 80s in the office. We kept trying to cool it down as much as we could. I would leave work sick and drenched in sweat though. Gross! But my sweet hubby came to my rescue!  I got a message saying he was outside with a surprise. Usually that means coffee. I was happy to have some iced coffee! It was even better than that though. This made me fall in love with him even more...He went and got me my own little A/C unit for my desk!!That fixed my problem. I was never too hot that I got sick, or was drenched in sweat. And I love him all the more for it!

We powered through the week. I did not cook at all this week. On top of the A/C being out at work, the A/C is still not working at our house. We have the funds to fix it now, just cannot seem to find the time. But I tell you what. Having to work all day in heat, meant there was absolutely no chance under the sun I was cooking. I mean I hate cooking anyway! But to cook while hot....hahahaha...nope. So that meant a lot more eating out than we would have liked. Which doesn't do good for the weight loss or the saving of the money. However, I did manager to lose one pound this week! Probably from sweat. lol. I'll take it though!


Then the glorious weekend came. Glorious!! The weather started dropping. It was cooler in the house at night. And not miserable during the day on Saturday. Unfortunately Jerr had to work Saturday. But that meant a Me & You Day! For those that are not familiar with that. Those are days that the kiddo and I spend together. It started back when he was really little. I worked 3rd shift, but was off on Fridays. He would always ask when our next "Me and You Day" was. We would always go do something fun or have a fun activity at home those days. Even when I stopped working 3rd shift, we would carve out time for our Me & You Days. Here he is, nearly 12 and he will still ask for Me & You Days. I cherish those days so much!! I know they will get fewer in the coming years. So each one is so special.

This Me & You Day started with sleeping in a smidgen. Getting up and going to have breakfast at his favorite place, Bojangles. Where he talked & talked & talked. I loved it! Then we went and got groceries. I know...not that fun. But we looked at all things Halloween and walked around and was silly together. He said it reminded him of when he was a little boy.  He also said he is now "King of the Llamas". This llama thing started with his Dad and him being silly. They were telling me llamas were majestic creatures. And now llamas are life! He talks about llamas all the time, and is seriously talking about being a llama for Halloween.... Followed by hanging out at the house together. More talking and being silly.
Then off to my parents house for some UGA football watching! And yummy food eating. Thanks sis! Yes that is baseball on the TV. We were waiting for the game to start. Also, not pictured was Jerr. That is who Nikki & Tim where talking to. Pictured, Isaiah in his natural state...playing video games.

Sunday dawned with me over sleeping. I had everything laid out for church and multiple alarms set...then didn't plug in my phone right and it died. Sigh. And our church starts at 8:30. I don't naturally wake up in enough time to get ready for that time. So we got up and went hiking with my sis. Jerr had to work again. So we loaded up Boomer, picked her up, and got 2.5 miles in. It felt amazing outside! I could have stayed there all day. But we had other non-fun things to get done. Like chores. Gross. But that was just a start. There will be another hike this weekend. I am going to hike for hours and hours! It will be even cooler this weekend. This was Boomer's first hike. He did so good! So much better than his big brother Wolfie. But....we think he might be car sick prone. Sigh. He vomited all in my car. Thanks to my sis for cleaning it up. I.DO.NOT.DO.VOMIT!! But all-in-all it was a great day. I really enjoyed walking and talking to Nikki. I just missed our husbands being there with us!

This morning dawned a rainy one. I hate driving in the rain, but love rainy days so much! It makes my heart happy. Which I need on this Monday. I woke up at 3am not feeling the best in the world. But I'll make it. I hope you all had a great weekend. I think I am going to be back a bit later this week with my DSD haul. Showcasing what all I got. There were so many great deals. I am still on the fence about that though. I will be back here Friday without fail though for this week's new digital scrapbooking goodies. In the mean time, have a great week!