• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

New Digital Scrapbooking Layouts


Good Friday morning! I am stopping by to show you two new releases that his the digital scrapbooking stores today, along with some new non-creative team layouts. I do those from time-to-time. Actually, I try to carve out time to do those often. Usually, I take part in Sweet Shoppe's monthly challenges. Not only to scrap personal pages, but scrap pages I might not normally without their prompts. You should check their challenges out! But on to this week's new releases!

Copper Spice Bundle by JB Studio


 Copper Spice Digital Kit and add-ons by JB Studio is packed with brushes, scribbles, metals, chipboard embellishments, ribbons, bows, buttons, stickers, flowers and foliage in various styles including water-colored, stars, stitching, artsy & ombré papers, 4 photo masks and 2 sets of alphabets. You’ll find everything and more for all your scrapbooking projects in Copper Spice and, as always, it’s versatile enough to scrap a variety of memories, family events and everyday life.

The Bundle Contains:
1 Element Pack – 60 elements – Not all shown in the preview
1 Artsy Paper Pack - 10 artsy papers - All 12”x12”
1 Cardstock & Ombré Paper Pack – 8 carstocks + 10 ombré papers - All 12”x12”
1 Alpha Pack – 2 sets of alphabets, numbers and specials
1 Flower Pack – 33 flowers and foliage
1 Mask & Frame Pack – 4 photo masks + 2 brush frames
1 Patterned Paper Pack –15 patterned papers – All 12”x12”

I used to be on JB Studio's creative team back in the day. I am glad she is back to designing and at GingerScraps! She is such an artistic soul, and you can really tell it in her digital scrapbooking designs. And her flowers & leaves she includes in all the bundles makes this clustering girl's heart happy! Here is my layout using Copper Spice:



As you can see what I meant about the clustering. Also, how cute is that photo of my kiddo and his pup? They look calm sitting under that tree. But it was just a good capture. They really where quite hyper. Tired from the little hike we were on, but hyper! I also used another one of the At School Templates by PrelestnayaP Design that I showcased last week.

Rise & Shine Collection by Bella Gypsy Designs


A bright and inspiring collection! I know I have sung their praises before. You cannot be on a team for 10+ years, and not love their designs. Their use of color, their themes, and all the clustery goodness just makes me love their designs. This is on exception. I adore the bright colors they used!! My layout is off theme, but I am still quite proud of it. I mean....hello clusters! :-)


And now for the personal/non-creative team layouts I  mentioned earlier. For some reason the quilt looking one gives me anxiety. Is that strange? When I was scrapping it, it stressed me out. Looking at it stresses me out now. I know that is strange, but it is true. That is part of doing the challenges. It takes you out of your comfort zone. I think that is 100% what stresses me out about this layout. Because, honestly, I don't think it is a bad layout. And I of course, love the subject matter. More than my life!

credits: Autumn I love you by Kristin Cronin-Barrow

This one is probably my favorite from this week. Going to DC, I knew this exhibit would be there. But I didn't mention it to the guys. It was off the beaten path of what all we were doing. And it wasn't free like the rest of the things we were doing. Then we got their and the advertisements for it was everywhere. And of course my loving husband was all about taking me to see it. I love all things Ancient Egypt. I legit cried a little while we were there.
Credits: Around the world: Egypt by Amanda Yi and WendyP Designs and School is In Template by MarieH Designs

Last, but not least is my future little President. He would probably emphatically tell me he would never dream of being a president. Even at 11 years of age, he loathes politics. But it still made for a great photo, and a great layout. Another photo from our Washington, DC trip.

credits: Capitol City by Misty Cato and Best Day Ever Collection by Sweet Shoppe Designs

Well folks, that is all I have for today. I will be back Monday with a look back at this week, and this up coming weekend. Jerr has to work, but as long as the rain holds off, the kiddo and I have some fun things planned! The following weeks are going to be hopping. You know how we are. We LOVE us some Halloween. So, get ready for it!

I realize that I didn't come back and showcase the DSD haul like I mentioned that I might. I was on the fence about it. I watch a lot of makeup videos, and I do not like haul videos...at all! They are boasty and cringey. So, I thought maybe doing a DSD haul would fee about the same. But I will be back in the next few weeks with a fun special edition blog post. All about Halloween Digital Scrapbooking Supplies. Until then....Happy Scrapping!





La'Shawn is a 36 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 11 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more HERE!