• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

90 Degree Autumn Fun!


Happy October everyone!! What a strange weekend I had! We had a family outing planned to a localish pumpkin patch & working farm. McDonald Farm. I forgot that it was the end-of-year at work, and that meant inventory! I am not always involved in that. Depends on management. This year I ended up being needed. So the family went a head without me. Which sucked, but I totally understood.

Just like his daddy. Silly faces for all the photos!
I did require photos to be taken & sent to me. I mean, of course, I need photos to scrap with! My dear hubby supplied me with all kinds of good photos. Thanks Jerr! Here in the south we are experiencing near 100 degree Autumn days. I am not exaggerating either. Tomorrow is October the 3rd. It is going to be 97 degrees! So nothing like a nice brisk Autumnal 100 degree activity to get everyone in the mood for all things Autumn.

So as you can see, everyone is still in the summer attire.  But according to both of the Castings guys in my house, they had a blast! Lots of laughs and good family time. And the most Castings of snacks there ever was. I've never seen a group of people who love popcorn like they do. One of the many little things I love about these people. And lemonade. I never was a lemonade drinker until I became parts of the Castings group.

It was Nona, Pop Pop, Jerr, Isaiah, Aunt Lauren, Uncle Matt, and K. They spent hours playing at the farm. Isaiah basically swam in corn. Checked out all the animals. Side note: Jerr & Isaiah love lamas. They are "majestic creatures".... They had mini-tractor races and took a hay ride to pick out pumpkins. Isaiah wanted the "biggest pumpkin he ever saw". But he couldn't carry it. And the rule was, he could get any pumpkin he wanted. But he had to be able to tote it around. Even though I didn't get to go, I really enjoyed the photos and their stories. Here are some more photos of their fun time:

That was this weekend. I hate that I missed it. I am so happy that the guys got to hang out with Jerr's side of the family. We have to do more of that! I think this upcoming weekend we are going to go for a hike. The 90+ degree weather is supposed end this week. It will be a whole brisk 80. Time to get to hiking again!

Health/Weight Update

So this week was a struggle for me. I am in that stage of my cycle where I want to eat everything in sight. The crappier of food, the better! I had a big juicy burger and fries Friday evening. Followed by another big juicy burger with chili cheese Friday after inventory. Not to mention that was at like 9pm because of inventory. Sadly, I gained two pounds this week. That's alright though. I am still down a pant size, and not hurting as much as I have int he past. And as Jerr says, it is a marathon, not a sprint. And this week I am going to start officially working out. We will see how that goes. I will check in next week to update on where I am.

That is it for today. I will be back Friday with some more digital scrapbooking fun. It will be a big post! But worth it. I will be showcasing a bunch of new items for DSD & all my favorite sales. Also, make sure you check out my Instagram. There you will find #2019Castings365 . That is my Project 365! Which so far I'm still rocking strong. Enjoy the rest of your week!