• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Happy 2011! ♥

Happy New Year!!

So, I decided to take the rest of 2010 off from blogging. I blog nearly everyday, so it was a nice break. Enjoyed Christmas with the family…a WHITE Christmas at that. I think I have said I wanted a white Christmas every year for as long as I can remember, and never got it. It is also my favorite Christmas song. This was our first white Christmas since 1969. Of course, I had to work for the 1st half of the day, but really I didn’t mind. When I can look out the window and see beautiful snow falling, after spending a fun morning opening presents with the family, I will take work any day!

Now it is the new years. 2011. I really can’t believe it. My family started it out sick. First Bug, then Jerr, now I have it. It is a pretty bad too. Isaiah was on the couch and didn't move for 6 hours. For a 3 year old, that is saying something! My temp got up to 102. Jerr, is just coughing. He hardly gets it bad.
I think I might say this every year. But with the exception of 2007 (the year I got married and became a mom) this past year flew by faster than any I can remember. For 2011, I thought it was time for a change. I am going to try to change things up here on the blog. I will still be showing the designers AMAZING creations and my layouts, but I want to show other things too. So that is the plan.

Anyone make resolutions this year? I didn’t. I have for every year that I can remember. Even when I was a little girl I made them. I never kept them. Notta one. So, for this year I am going to live by one word. I hope this word inspires change in my life. Even if it is little changes, I will be happy. If big changes come along, well, I will take them too! The word that will be focusing on?

Motivation

mo·ti·va·tion
–noun
1. the act or an instance of motivating.
2. the state or condition of being motivated.
3. something that motivates; inducement; incentive

I have looked back in my life and find that most my regrets have been because of my lack of “get up and do.” Frankly to me that is sad. Most people’s regrets are because of something they have done. Mine is lack of doing. Lack of stepping out of my comfort zone, lack of getting out of bed, lack of wanting to leave the house, lack of wanting to put myself in situations, basically just lack of motivation. There are many things I want to change in my life and if I just change one small thing this year by focusing on motivating myself, and then I will be one happy Shawn Bear! Heck, maybe I will become healthy, loose some weight, be less pessimistic, be more creative, get outside more, or just “get up and do!!”
So, what is your resolution or word to live by this year?
OH! And what gave me this idea (and I am SO doing) is One Little Word workshop taught by Ali Edwards
Happy New 2011!!
{hugs!}
Photobucket

Marie-France Gervais

Happy New Year!! I know I'll enjoy reading your blog in 2011!
I don't make resolutions so nothing interesting from me... But I like yours, and I wish you lots of motivation!
Marif xx