• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Spring Inspired Digital Scrapbooking Supplies -- Vol. 1


Hello! Like I mentioned in my last post, I scoured the web and I am going to showcase some great Spring-inspired digital scrapbooking supplies! Now, over the past 12 years, we've gone from so many stores to just a hand full. That being said, I usually stick to GingerScraps & SweetShoppe Designs. Those are my favorite. I mean, I am on a creative team for GingerScraps. I guess I should mention that some of the items shown here might fall under my creative teams. As mentioned before, I get some products for free in order to make layouts for advertisement purposes. If they make them on my blog, it is because I love them. In today's post, the only ones that I am on a creative team for are GingerScraps. That being said, I looked around 6 stores, and here is what I found! Enjoy! 


Connie Prince is sooo good at themes! She has been on the digital scrapbooking scene a while before I have been scrapping, and you can tell that experience. This collection is not just Spring inspired, but also very Easter feeling. I really like her papers and cute little elements. I especially like the word art in this collection. From the flowy words and flagged words as well. 



I LOVE these so much!! Floral Doodles by Clever Monkey Graphics. She has such a knack for these cool kinds of elements. Her felt ones are spot on as well. Here is what the website says about these...
Floral Doodles by Clever Monkey Graphics include 43 doodles with a floral influence to them drawn by me.  Each comes as a black doodle - which you can use in many ways. Then there are three with styles applied to them - pouffy ones that have a thicker clear edge to them, vellum ones with a pretty delicate vellum edge, and finally white-edged stickers.  These styled ones look great with a bit of shadow on them.  They make simple pages look gorgeous or add a fun look to more complex pages placed among the layers of your page.  Floral Doodles make a great stash item to have around and their black coloring will help them match most of your layouts.  Watch for more doodles to come in future!


The Promise Of Spring by Digital Scrapbook Ingredients is a beautiful collection full of hope that brighter days are coming!



I really love some intricate templates and the ones that will make your layouts really stand out in the gallery, and in your scrapbook. If you print your pages...which I hope you do!! The Cherry on Top has such a fantastic skill at creating those exact kinds of templates. Flower Fever by her is stunning! That bottom right one looks like stained glass to me. 



I always look forward to seeing the Monthly Mix at GingerScraps every month. That is where a group of designers from the store come together and create lovely collaborations. This month reminds me of my husband's new love for planting in his garden. Well, new love/hate of it. I do think that I am going to scrap with this one later today. If so, I will come back and showcase my layout. This is Grown with Love by GingerScrap Ladies. 



I bought this one the week that it came out. You know me...I love a good yellow-filled collection/kit. And they are not always that easy to come by. I've also mentioned my love of hexagons and bumblebees too. Do you see what I see in this collection? So basically this is a La'Shawn Buy me kit! Actually though, A digital scrapbook kit by Kristin Cronin-Barrow, A Pocketful of Sunshine. We can all use a little more light in our lives! This kit is so full of happy colors and fresh air you’ll want to take a ton of photos and scrap all day. With elements like flowers, butterflies, a watering can, a bird’s nest, leaves, seeds, an adorable sun with sunglasses, lots of word art, and more, your pages will be delightful. Look on the bright side--it’s a brand new sunshiney day!



I don't have this...yet. I love love love paints and splatters. My style isn't really mixed media, but I constantly find myself buying those kinds of digital scrapbooking supplies, and implementing them in my layouts. One of my favorite designers to buy those kinds of supplies from is Studio Basic. ‘April is for Sowing Seeds Mixed Media’ is a delightful collection by Studio Basic Designs and Little Butterfly Wings, designed to effortlessly complement their digital scrapbooking kit ‘April is for Sowing Seeds'. Whether you are a dedicated gardener or have a single pot by the window, the possibilities & bright optimism of new growth is irresistible - scrap or journal what you see & feel in happy yellows, pinks & teals, complemented by gorgeous patterns & doodly imagery plus lots of lovely ephemera & word art!



Lisa Rosa is a guest designer at GingerScraps this month. I really hope she stays on permanently. I would also like to be on her creative team! Her designs feel like they are the perfect match for how I scrap. And I am not just blowing smoke here. I love the very paper-like feel of her layouts. Her previews always pop out to me as well. I think it is great shadow work. Here is what the website had to say about Resurrection by Lisa Rosa Designs. 
Although Resurrection is not really a religious kit, it was inspired by the lessons Jesus taught us.



In Flowers from Neia Scraps is a bright and fresh digital scrapbooking kit. This collection is packed full of everything you need to scrap those Spring moments, the pretty little flower in your life, to those everyday memories. Brimming with pretty pinks, beautiful blues, bright yellows, oranges, and greens. You'll also find flowers, birds, butterflies and more.


Last but not least is a fun set of templates by Southern Serenity Designs. A digital scrapbooking template pack by Southern Serenity Designs, Follow Your Rainbow 
is a great set to document all of your most memorable photos. From springtime activities to selfcare and inspirational pages, these templates are very versatile and can be used with any other themed kit as well. Just replace the paper and element shape layers with digital papers and elements from your favorite kit, drop in your favorite photos, and tada! A gorgeous scrapbook page! You can even adapt them to suit your hybrid projects too! Try flipping or turning the template to give it a style all your own! The possibilities are endless!



That is all I have for today. I could probably do this series until the end of the year. Seriously. And just with these two stores. However, I just wanted to showcase some of my favorites out there. Make sure you check back later this week for some more Spring Inspired digital scrapbooking supplies from other stores.

And make sure you check back next week for all the fun and new digital scrapbooking layouts and sales going on for National Scrapbooking Day. 

Also, make sure you link me up in the comments. Show me your favorite spring layouts, or digital scrapbooking supplies. I am always on the lookout for new stuff, and I love leaving love in the galleries/blogs! Happy Scrapping! 




La'Shawn is a 37-year-old wife and mother. She works full-time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 12 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more HERE!