• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

5 Friday Favorites | Vol. 4

 

Good Friday morning! When this posts, I should be eyeballs deep in doing inventory at work. I will be one busy little bee! But that isn't what we are here to talk about. I am bringing back an oldie, but a goodie! 5 Friday Favorites! Whoo hoo! The last time I did this blog post was back in 2016. Five years ago! For today's 5 Friday Favorites, I am going to be pulling some things off my GingerScraps wish list. Now as usual, and in full disclosure. I am on the GingerScraps creative team. That means, I do get some digital scrapbooking supplies for free. In turn, my layouts are used for advertisement purposes. If it makes it to my blog, it is because I truly like them and want to share them with everyone. Now that that is out of the way. On to the fun stuff!!

My Five Friday Favorites 


1. Life thru the Lens {Kit} by Jumpstart Designs


I am such a fan (newly so) of hand drawn people in my digital scrapbooking kits. I also really like the grungy feeling to this as well. And the blue is amazing!! I want a car this color. I actually think my next car will be blue. I also really like the theme behind it. Life thru the lens. I am always taking photos. I drive people batty with it, I am sure. I think I absolutely see "life thru the lens" 


2. KISS- Layered Up Templates by Miss Fish


Up next is a set of templates!! I love templates. I literally have thousands. Thousands!! I remember a time during my years of digital scrapbooking that there wasn't really templates. There were a few designers. But just a handful. When they exploded on the scene, I was so happy! I won't lie. Even after 12 years of scrapping, I struggle with composition. I struggle with the fact that all my layouts look the same. haha. I think they look well scrapped, and good composition. They all just kind of look the same. I am a big fan of Miss Fish Templates. She has a knack of being able to compose all different kinds of themes to her templates. These are "layered up". I LOVE layers (and clusters of course). 

3. Everyday Guy from Designs by Lisa Minor

There are many things that I can say about why I want this kit. I will let a photo speak 1000 words though. Ready for it? ....



4. In Flowers - Borders - by Neia Scraps

One of the very first things I started gravitating towards in digital scrapbooking was paint and glitter. I don't think there has been a page in years that doesn't have a bit of it on there. It is such a good grounding to the layout. Kind of ties the papers and the elements together. I love Neia Scraps (I am on her team, and do her description writing for her.) I cannot wait to add this to my ever growing (massive) paint collection. In Flowers from Neia Scraps is a bright and fresh digital scrapbooking kit. This collection is packed full of everything you need to scrap those Spring moments, the pretty little flower in your life, to those everyday memories. Brimming with pretty pinks, beautiful blues, bright yellows, oranges, and greens. You'll also find flowers, birds, butterflies and more.

5. Chalk It! by Angelle Designs


Last but not least is Chalk It! by Angelle Designs. I've said it before, and I think my gallery can back me up on this. I love love love dark backgrounds and bright everything else. And this kit embodies just that! Everything about that combination just makes designs/layouts POP! I think I am going to add this one in my cart for the next digital scrapbooking supplies haul I do. 

That is it for today. I hope you are enjoying the new blogging and topics here on the blog. I will be back next week with some more Spring inspired digital scrapbooking supplies, and hopefully some new layouts. I haven't really been able to scrap much yet this week. But, fingers crossed, I will get some in. 

Link me up with your favorites! Really, I mean it! I would love to check them out. 
Happy Scrapping!