• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Friday Favorites | Volume One


Happy Friday everyone!! I am so glad it is Friday. I tell you this. I am not one to "wish my life away for the weekend", as my MeeMaw always told me. But these past few weeks have been pretty rough. It is one of those times in my life that I feel like I just cannot catch a break. As soon as one issue is "fixed", here comes another one. And a few are really big issues & long going. 

But, that is not why I am here today. I am here to talk about some of my favorite finds. And not just digital scrapbooking. Just some things that I am crushing on at the moment. But lets be honest...there is mostly digital scrapbooking stuff here. haha

Friday Favorites


My Current Favorite Layout

credits: A Scrapbooking Tale: Capture the Moments by Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Oh this layout!! It isn't my favorite because of the composition of the layout. Usually that is why a layout will become my favorite. Because I love how it turned out. I am proud of the layout design I created. But this one is those photos!! Look at that little face. This was scrapped based off a challenge prompt at Sweet Shoppe Designs. "First Steps". 

And that is exactly what these photos are. I have always been an avid photo taker. It became more so when my son was born. I always said that he had more photos of him taken his 1st year of life than I did the whole 24 years of my life, at that time. I really don't think that was an exaggeration either. 

So I always had my camera out. Following him around. He was an early talker, but a late walker. He was 14 months old here. And I captured his first steps!!! I was crying behind the lens. 

Look at his little smile!


My Current Favorite Digital Scrap Supplies

Among The Wildflowers - Bundle is created by Aprilisa Designs Includes: Among The Wildflowers - Kit Among The Wildflowers - Cards Among The Wildflowers - Alpha Among The Wildflowers - Painted Papers Picture Perfect 272
These colors! *heart eyes*. It is based off of GingerScraps June 2023 Buffet. I just love how this turned out though. Perfect really for scrapping a range of things and people. And I adore the sentiment behind it. When I saw this, I immediately thought of my strong, independent, and sweet niece. She is a wildflower for sure! Beautiful and free spirited! 




My Current Favorite Book (series)

So back in January I wrote a blog post about A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR) by Sarah J Maas.  I am ahead of schedule for my 2023 reading goal of reading 20 books this year. And it is because of this author. I devoured that book series. Then I suggested it to anyone I possibly could. And then while I was reading that, my husband was reading 

The Throne of Glass Series

And he told me that I would like it. That it doesn't have a modern feel to it. It has a strong female lead character and a lot of action. And he was right!! I think once I am done with the series, I will come back here and do a whole series review. But I cannot put these books down!! I 100% like them better than ACOTAR series. 



My current Favorite Photo


My favorite photo always changes. But I took this one this week. My nearly 16 year old isnt too old to come hang out with Mom and Dad. Mainly Dad. Or as he calls him, Old Man. He plops down on Old Man and hangs out. I cherish these moments!! 


That is it for today and for this week. I will be back next week with some more fun digital scrapbooking supplies to check out. And maybe some more photos. And the header photo of this layout is my favorite because of the beautiful yellow in it.