• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Friday Finds | Volume One | Karla Noél

Good Friday Morning! At least it is morning where I am at. I hope this finds you well. It finds me ready for the weekend, and in much Autumn like cooler weather. This chick loves cooler weather. I rather it just be cold! If I could move somewhere where it was colder more than hot, I would! But my beach loving husband would probably not be happy about that. I should say, my beach loving always cold husband. ha! 

I thought I would start a new segment here at Shawn Bear Scraps. 

Friday Finds! 

What is Friday Finds?! I search the digital scrapbooking world and find some new to me designers, scrappers, trends, goodies, tutorials, and more! Then I compile them all up and showcase them here for all you digital scrapbooking enthusiast. 

For the first edition of Friday Finds, I am going to focus on new-to-me digital scrapbooking designers. They might not be knew to you. I tend to keep to my comfortable designers and stores, and really don't branch out much. Which is kind of sad. I wonder how many great designs and designers I have missed out on during my 13+ years of digital scrapbooking. Which is one of the reasons I am doing this! To not only find great things for my fellow scrapbookers, but for myself as well. Another point of note. These are likely not to be "new" designers. Just new-to-me! Or maybe someone I have seen around, but never dug in and looked at their designs, or bought anything. I hope to change that! 


Make sure you click over to their store. You can do so by clicking HERE. There you will find links to their other platforms. Karla Noel is one of those not-so-new designers I mentioned a bit earlier. ;-) They have been around for a long time! But they are not my usual style that I gravitate towards. I am more cluster driven. Filling the page with all the elemental goodies that I can fit on there. 

Karla Noél's style is more realistic paper scrapbooking almost. You could walk into a brick and mortar and see their designs on the shelf there. They are versatile and are very digital as well! Great stamps for photos just to add on and post to your online world. As well as detailed kits to scrap with. And some of the best word art out there. 

Here are some great examples from their store. All linked to their counterparts in said store. Please note: I am not on a creative team for Karla Noél or the stores they sell in. These have been chosen by me just because I like them! (images linked) 

























I am for sure getting the Clear Essentials and the Jumbo Cards! I am thinking about the Limitless collection as well. I love those colors and the white painted word art! 

As you can see, they are a great designer for the tangible scrapbooking style. Like you would find in a store & use your glue and scissors with. But they are also versatile enough for us digital scrapbookers as well. I will be buying some of their great digital scrapbooking goodies, and I will stop back by and showcase what I did with them once I do. 

Happy Scrapping and Happy Friday! 


La'Shawn is a 39 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 11 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more 
HERE!