• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Day Lit

Soo...I am a big reader. Well, in fact my hubby and I are both big readers. He had his kindle and I read paper books and ebooks when I am not able to read paper books. I don't remember how but I stumbled upon an awesome site about 2 months ago. It is called DailyLit. This site allows you to read books online via email or RSS. How awesome is that?!? They are usually public domain books. But still. I am currently re-reading "Pride and Prejudice" I am having parts of the book emailed to me every day. I changed my setting to have the longest instalments sent to me. It allows me to read at my desk on lunch since I usually have eaten by midnight. And for the people who spend so much time at the desk, it is a nice break from what we are doing. Be it work, home work, scrapping, or designing. Take a little break....read a little bit. You don't have to worry about a stopping point. It stops it for you. :D
Oh and for those who ♥ Pride and Prejudice like me. Who have a soft spot for Mr Darcy. Check this out (Five Reasons Why Mr. Darcy Can’t Satisfy Today’s Woman). I am not exactly sure that I would put up with him if I had to. But I guess that is why it is fiction after all. ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers!

Marie-France Gervais

Hi La'Shawn!
Hubby and I LOVE reading too.
We each have a Kobo e-book reader and I love it!
If you like free books, check out Project Gutenberg. They have all the classics that are royalty free on different formats (PDF, e-pub, etc) completely free for download.
I just read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. And as they even have books from different languages (originals and translations usually) I'm reading The Three Musketeers (but in French!).

I love seeing that other people like reading too!