• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

babies, playground, and daddy!

Oh my! Good Friday afternoon everyone!! Today finds me at work but with a cute office-mate. My kiddo! :-) He decided that today he needed to be at work with mommy. I will take that as long as I can. Today though, I am here to show you some new layouts. New layouts with all new released items from the wonderful designers I work with. Lets get started!!

This is that cute office-mate I have with me today. However, this was about 8 years ago. He is the reason I got into digital scrapbooking. It was right about this time as well. I just had to take these photos of my cute little man. I didn't really have anything to do with them after that, until I found digital scrapbooking. credits: Sweet Baby Boy Digital Scrapbooking Collection by Just So Scrappy
and Hang in There Templates Vol. 5 by Meagan's Creations

This was a week ago today actually. He came to work with me that day as well. Once we left work, we went exploring around town. That's always fun to do. Then I remembered this huge castle/maze type playground that my step-mom used to take us girls to when we were little. So, I took him there. It was SO much fun!! The kiddo makes friends wherever he goes. Shy isn't something he knows. This boy was exactly 2 weeks younger than him. I've never met anyone more matched in personality than these two. Unfortunately, he doesn't live around here. He lives about 2 hours south of us. There was near tears when it was time to leave. They were calling each other, "playground brothers." so cute! credits: Hang in There Templates Vol. 5 by Meagan's Creations and At the Playground by Clever Monkey Graphics

My two guys!! I am so blessed when it comes to who I am married & have children with! I am not even just saying that. He is hands down the best Dad I've ever met. I've never really known what a Dad was until I was grown. My mom married my step-dad when I was 20 years old. (right around the time I met my husband). My step-dad (who is Dad to me) is another example of the best dad ever! This is my two guys though playing at my in-law's house on the 4th of July. credits: Bright Days (templates) by Dagi Temp- tations and Daddytude - Kit by Aprilisa Designs

I want to ask you to take a moment. Take a moment and pray for Chattanooga. I don't know if you heard or not, so I am going to explain a little of what happened. Yesterday around 10:30est a gunman went to a military recruiting office, 1 minute from where I work & where I happened to be, and started shooting. He shot up the military recruiting office. Luckly, no one was killed there. Once the police came, the shooter was pursued over to another military recruiting office about 10 minutes away from where the previous one was. (close to where my sister works) and killed 4 marines, injured a police officer, and injured many more. It was a scary and sad day for Chattanooga. This isn't my "hometown". However, I come here 5 days a week to work. I have for 10 years. If we travel anywhere, instead of saying we are from some tiny town on one has ever heard of Georgia, we say we are from Chattanooga. 
They are not saying what the reason was behind this terrible act of violence. Really, to me, I don't care. I don't want to focus on what this mad-man did. Why he did what he did. I want to focus on the men and women who gave up so much for our freedom only to come home and be killed. I want to focus on the police who responded as well as they did and kept more people from being killed and hurt. I want to focus on prayer. So please, stop what you are doing and pray. Really pray. Don't just say you will and not do it. Don't just post #prayforchattanooga, and not actually pray. Please, stop what you are doing and talk to God. 
Pray for Chattanooga. Pray for the families that are dealing with the loss of their loved ones. Pray for our country. Pray for our service men & women. Just pray! 

Thank you for stopping by, checking out my layouts, and reading to the end!