• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Wordy Wednesday | Vol. 5

Going to jump right into today's. It kinda is right along WW Volume 4's journaling. About broken relationships. This one is waaay back in the gallery archive. I think about 2008. The 1st year I started to scrap.

A lesson learned by me. Kinda like a journaling page via scrapping. credits: Not Fit For Public by Laura Banasiak and Litabells Designs


Journaling reads:
Title: Live Lesson Learned

I always thought that family was something you were born into. That the people in your family loved you no matter what. I have always been a good person. I might have a smart mouth or be a bit stand offish sometimes but never a bad person. I never understood then why some people in my life not only chose not to talk to me but it seems not to love me. I have learned that blood is NOT thicker than water. That DNA doesn't make a family. How you can choose to walk away from your family is beyond me. I would fight and kill for mine. How you could choose to say mean and horrible things to your family as a grown adult is beyond my scope of understanding.  I would hurt my own feeling before knowing hurting my family's. Now I do *have* amazing blood family. Who has been with me from the moment I was born and been with me through thick and thin. The good and bad. I woe them so much. They are my TRUE family. Along with the people in the world that have picked me to love. 

Whew, just like the other layout, this one gets to me. It has been 7 years since writing that. 7 years since the incident that caused me to write it. I have gotten older. I have forgiven. I have asked for forgiveness. Do I understand? No. I have learned things in the past 7 years, since this happened, to put things in perspective, but I don't think I will ever understand. I can tell you this though, I am still blessed beyond measure for the family and friends I do have!!

What life lesson have you learned? Have you scrapped a not so positive layout? Comment/link me up!