• Digital Scrapbooking
    Click here to read more about new layouts, new designs from some of the best designers around the digital scrapbooking world. And layouts from me!
    Learn more
  • Everyday Life
    Click here to read more about my day-to-day life! It isn't always boring. haha.
    Learn more
  • Autumn & Digital Scrapbooking
    Check out Summer digital scrapbooking ideas and supplies. From 2023 and all the way back to the start of Shawn Bear Scraps!
    Learn more
Hey there!
Welcome to Shawn Bear Scraps! I’ve been digital scrapbooking for 14 years. This is my little corner of the internet to showcase my digital scrapbooking layouts, designs from creative teams I am on, and the latest digital scrapbooking supplies I am fangirling over! I am a 39 year old wife and mom. I live in Georgia, here in the states. I am a Jesus believing, panda loving, digi scrapping, photo taking, memory making, true crime watching, historical fiction reading, nap taking, hike going, football yelling, introverted nerd.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
READ MORE

Harry Potter Atlanta Exhibition

Last week we went to the Harry Potter Atlanta Exhibition. It was amazing!! It is well established here at Shawn Bear Scraps, that I love Harry Potter. I know, very (elder) Millennial of me. If you know me for more than a hot minute, you know a few things about me. I love digital scrapbooking, taking photos, panda bears, coffee...and Harry Potter! 

I was a bit older when the books came out. I was in high school. It wasn't cool to like it. But boy, I did! My sister introduced me to the 1st book. I read it over the summer, and never looked back. I love the fact that I got to experience the midnight book releases, and the hoopla over each movie coming out. 

It doesn't just end with me though. My whole family loves Harry Potter. Well, it is mainly my Mom, Sister and Me that love it. The rest of the family just comes along for the fun. My Mom has a whole room dedicated to Harry Potter. We have gone to Universal twice, anything remotely Harry Potter that is around we go to, and we have dressed up as a family from the Harry Potter world as well. So, you know I had to go to this! We live just about 2 hours north of Atlanta. It was well worth the drive. My Mom and Dad went all the way up to VA just to visit the Forbidden Forrest Exhibition. 

I of course had to come here and tell you all about it. The Harry Potter Atlanta Exhibition is set up like a museum. Your tickets are timed, so it isn't crowded. We walked right in, and the only line we waited in was for parking validation. Which by the way, I suggest getting the parking ticket option if you are going. It is right across the street. And this Exhibition is in downtown Atlanta. So, parking is exactly like you would thing. Ugh. 

You walk in and register your wristband they give you. It is so you can interact through the whole thing, and get your house points. You then get your photo taken with your group. Then it is on with the show!

You first walk in and there is light on the wall and floor of the Marauders Map. There is a 1st edition book in Vault 713. You then walk in the room where they play a lovely video telling you a bit about it. Then you Alohomora the next door into the room where you can see your name on the Marauder's map, and a view all around you of the Hogwarts grounds at different times of the year. 

Then the rest of the Exhibition is different parts, places, and aspects of the Harry Potter World. They have Fantastic Beast areas and even (ugh) the Cursed Child. It is set up like a museum, like I said. There are real clothes and props that were used in the movies through out the whole thing. There is a ton of interactive parts as well. Things like looking into the crystal ball in the divination room, taking care of a boggart in the DADA classroom, play a little Quidditch, and you can even repot a mandrake (that you can hear screaming from about two rooms over). Oh yeah, you can sit in Umbrage's office as well. 


All-in-All we had an amazing time. Even if you are not a hard core Harry Potter fan like my sister and I am, you can still enjoy it. The guys did. (Even though a lot of that might have been because the ladies were enjoying it so much). I don't want to show you every last thing so if you go, you can enjoy it as well. And believe me. I took photos of nearly everything. Most everything I really could. I mean, I have to scrapbook it, right? I even side while we were in there, more than once, "I cannot wait to scrap these photos." And you know I will have to showcase those here when I do. Here are a few more photos though for you to view:


That's all I have. This Ravenclaw more than enjoyed this Exhibition, and I 100% would go again!! I suggest if you like Harry Potter, then it is worth going to. 



La'Shawn is a 39 year old wife and mother. She works full time outside the house as a customer service rep for a small roll steel plant. She has lived in Georgia (in the states) her entire life. You can currently find her just a few hours north of Atlanta. Much closer to Chattanooga, TN though. She has been digital scrapbooking since 2008. She was looking for a way to document her son growing up before her eyes. After looking around a bit, she found digital scrapbooking, and never looked back. She has been on many creative teams (solo & stores) in the past 11 years. Her style leans more towards the traditional, and she never met a kit that she couldn't scrap with. She loves patterns, bright colors, and all the elements all the time! Creating clusters on her layouts is what she loves doing the most. Making sure every piece is where it should be. Let La'Shawn scrap for you! Are you looking for a creative team member? La'Shawn is looking for a few more teams to create for and promote. Find out more about her digital scrapbooking history, her contact information, her gallery, and more HERE!